Thanks for your interest in blogging for Visit Concord NH!
We need your help to fulfill our mission to promote Concord as a vital cultural destination with lots to do, see, experience– and eat!
WHO is Visit Concord NH’s audience?
Folks who live in concord, and anyone within a 1-2 hour drive– to start off –as well as seasonal guests in the fall and summer from further away.
WHAT makes a good blog post? See our style guide
· Read the blog to develop a sense of what we are doing.
· Write for someone how knows nothing of Concord: Spell it out, and think about what questions they will have that you can answer.
· Have a main message. Edit your intro so that the point of your post is crystal clear. Make it up front, not at the end.
· Be prescriptive. Don’t just tell readers to do something. Motivate and empower them.
· Tell a story – like a journalist. Cover who, what, when, where, how, and why. Make it personal. Make it fun and interesting.
· Make it concrete. Give examples, details, and dates. Make it real. Make them want to do it!
· Make it long enough to engage and enrich (not too long though). We don’t have a word-count goal. We like posts from 300 to 2,000 words.
· Keep paragraphs and sentences short.
· Please disclose any relationships / partnerships you have so there is no conflict of interest.
· Avoid or explain buzzwords or slang
· Self-promotion. Avoid promoting your tool or company in your post. Your author bio is a good place to do that.
· Use a friendly voice. Say I, we, you. Use contractions as you would normally (you’ll). Write as if talking with a friend.
· Share tips, checklists, and step-by-step instructions.
· Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources.
In general, we are looking for posts around these categories:
· Arts, performance, film, display, creative, crafts, the creative economy – and shopping, crafts, artisans and local galleries.
· Museums of the Capital Region.
· The cultural destinations in and around Concord.
· The artists of Main Street
· Jewelry in and around Concord
· Art, crafts, unique products
· Public art in Concord, colorful and fun….
· The cool and offbeat stores of Concord, from Norway to Africa to made right here!
· Second hand vibes – Concord has a wealth of resale shops that blend cool with trendy.
· Concord has fun and funky stores
· Outdoors at the farmer’s and arts markets
· Concord’s culinary revelation – how a small city totally tuned its culinary scene around to become a foodie destination.
· The very cool Indy food stores of Concord.
· Locally owned restaurants.
· The Statehouse, Concord’s living political museum
· Outdoor art in and around Main Street
· Covered Bridges of the Capital Region
· Where to learn to dance, and to dance
· River beaches on the Merrimack
· Swimming holes of the Capital Region
· Hikes, and into the woods around Concord
· Concord: The capital city with so many hiking, biking and walking options
· A cyclist guide to the Capital Region
Your bio: Bio should be approximately 20 words and should include your Twitter handle, as well as any other relevant links you wish to display: your blog, website URL, etc. This is a great place to include any promotional links.
Proofread your posts prior submitting to make sure it’s typo-free, with proper grammar and punctuation.
Images(PNG, JPG): Provide any high-resolution images you would like to include within your Word Doc. When sending your images, please provide a descriptive name.
We can’t use an image you don’t own – or took off the Google – that could get us all into hot water.
Make sure your posts are up to date, season, and event – mention in the e-mail subjectif your post is time-sensitive (e.g. the hockey game on upcoming weekend), so we can manage your post in a timely manner.
Got questions you don’t see answers to? Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll be happy to help.