Posts tagged State House
Giant meatballs, stoves and alarm clocks: Our Obscure Facts on Concord (aka Rumford) Q+A

In 1734, the town was incorporated as Rumford. But, it took the name Concord in 1765 under  Governor Benning Wentworth following the end of a very unpleasant boundary fight between Rumford and the new town of Bow.  The new name, Concord, was meant to show the new “concord,” or harmony, between the two towns

Read More